UPDATED: #JussieSmollett charged with felony disorderly conduct for filing false report after allegedly staging Chicago attack![Details]

Breaking… Jussie Smollett has officially been indicted for felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report!

Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest,” police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said on Twitter.

Police said earlier that they were presenting evidence to a grand jury. Smollett could face one to three years in prison if convicted of the felony charge, though he could also be sentenced to probation.

Smollett told police on Jan. 29 that he had been attacked by two men, who poured bleach on him, put a rope around his neck, and used racial and homophobic slurs. Police scoured surveillance cameras in the area, and were unable to find images of the attack. They were able to track down two brothers, Abel and Ola Osundairo, who were in the vicinity of the event.

We’re told Ola and Abel Osundairo — the 2 brothers — told Grand Jurors they staged the so-called “attack” at Jussie’s behest and even got paid for it. The brothers were caught on camera buying a bunch of supplies before the incident … including ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses and red hats.

Although police officially called Jussie a “victim” until recently, multiple law enforcement sources have told us the police had real doubts about Jussie’s story early on. They found it weird he kept the rope around his neck for 42 minutes after the “attack,” and were suspicious when he took them to the scene and immediately pointed to a camera which he said captured the incident. Turns out, the camera was pointed in the wrong direction.

Abel and Ola told police they drove with Jussie in the days prior to the incident scouting a location and even rehearsed the “attack.”

Law enforcement believes Jussie timed the “attack” for January 29 because he knew the Osundairo brothers were leaving for Nigeria that day.

*UPDATE
Smollett’s LAWYER issued a statement:
Jussie’s attorneys, Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson, released the following statement … “Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked.

“Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount and aggressive defense.”

http://www.theGamutt.com

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s